Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Hallelujah Chorus !!!

It would appear that tonight over at The Laughing Pastor, my fellow blogger made the technological jump to posting video clips. To mark the event he has posted a whack of clips (a whack is more than a couple, but less than several), including a beautiful rendition of Leonard Cohen's song (now made famous by its use in the Shrek series of films) Hallelujah by the indomitable k.d. lang.



I remember the first time I heard k.d. sing Hallelujah. It was on CBC and I was blown away ... it has long been one of my favourite songs by her. But I've enjoyed other renditions of the song as well, so to compliment LP's selection I would like to offer a rendition of Hallelujah by the man responsible for the song ... between k.d., Rufus Wainwright (we've ALL heard the song in Shrek) and Leonard Cohen, I think it's a hard call to say which is my favourite ...


So enjoy this version, then hop over the The Laughing Pastor and enjoy another ... and if you craving for this beautiful song isn't yet whetted, slide on over to YouTube and search for Hallelujah and see what else you can turn up ... It's a great song ... and the version below is done in the way ONLY Leonard Cohen could do it ... enjoy !!

No comments: