Thursday, October 04, 2007

My NEW Favourite Food ...

I wish I had taken a picture of my plate tonight at the restaurant in Brandon we went to for supper ... but this will have to do ...

After swimming lessons we intended to go to a favourite Italian place in the down town, but they had a 30 minute wait for a table, and with three hungry kids fresh from swimming lessons, that wasn't going to work ... so we walked up the block to a new Mexican place that has opened recently in the heart of the Wheat City ...

It was a fight to get food the younger members of our party could agree on ... but I was intrigued by the Chicken Mole ... Hey, anything with a chocolate sauce is worth a try - right???

Oh!!! It is not only worth a try, it is worth a return visit ... The Chicken Mole at Mexican Chilly on 10th in Brandon is absolutely delicious ... It starts with the rich tart flavour of dark chocolate, tickles the palate with a twinge of orange and other seasonings, then ends with a sharp TWANG of chili pepper ... IT WAS SIMPLY AMAZING !!!

Not only was the presentation on the plate bordering on the magnificent, but the flavour ... oh my lord - the flavour ... I enjoyed every scrumptious bit ... the accompanying beans and rice were equally delicious ... Mexican Chilly has moved into the list of favourite restaurants for me ... WE WILL BE BACK ... and I highly recommend the Chicken Mole ... the Green Enchiladas were pretty good too ... Ms H. was less than enchanted, but sitting next to her had its benefits ...

2 comments:

laughing pastor said...

chicken mole in canada? i'll have to think about that one for a while. o my friend....do i have some mole for you......come down under (canada that is!) and i'll show you mole galore! we have tex mex mole, central mexican mole, puerto rican, el salvadorian....it is mole heaven here.

Katie Bowen said...

I was once in Mexico with Aaron and I must admit, one of my favorite memories of that trip was the Chicken Mole.