Monday, October 15, 2007

Why I LOVE Biking Around Here ...

Today I spent OVER two hours out and about on my bike ... I did my in-town circuit, then headed off to explore the districts east, south and west of town ... along the way, the new carrier pack I bought a couple of weeks ago at Mountain Equipment Co-op in Winnipeg came in handy to take my camera with me ...

It let me snap a few pictures of the "WHY?" of why I just love riding my bike around here ... it is SSSSSOOOOO beautiful ... every hill reveals a new vista, and every corner offers a new scenic view ... The two hours went so quickly, I felt like I could keep riding ALL AFTERNOON ...

Click on the above photo to see the ducks taking flight!!



The last picture was of some cobwebs entangling a bush along the way ... I stopped for a water break and a brief rest then noticed them floating in the gentle breeze ...

Oh ... and when I got on the scale after my shower I was sitting at 204 !!!!! I may not have made my goal of reaching 200 lbs by the end of summer ... but I WILL begin my fifth decade of life more fit than I have ever been and I may well celebrate my big 4-0 at 200 or LESS !!! And that makes all of it ssssoooo worthwhile !!!

3 comments:

Candygirlflies said...

Good on ya!!

Or, should I say, good OFF ya?!!

Katie Bowen said...

You go Rev!

laughing pastor said...

204 and ripply legs....what more can you want...

From your redneck hick friend!