Friday, November 02, 2007

The search goes on ...

As the candy sorting has continued this afternoon ... a single, solitary, lonely Halloween Kiss has turned up in Beetle's Treat Bag ... she snatched it out with a drawn out "Eeeeeewwwwww, I HATE these ..." as she tossed it my way ...

I have to confess to feeling like those folks that crowd around humanitarian relief trucks in distant third world nations ... I grabbed it greedily and tucked it with my small stash of candy and chocolate discards to savour it later ...

But I can't help but wonder ... ONE single HALLOWEEN kiss out of ALL that the three kids brought home ...

It's WRONG, WRONG, WRONG ... Halloween Kisses are obligatory ... Halloween is NOT about the brand name candy and chocolates ... you need the obscure stuff like Kisses !!! (and NOT the Hershey's variety - the REAL thing !!!)

On the up side though, the dearth of kids knocking at our door has meant there is a plethora of swedish berry packages for ME !!! (AND THAT isn't a bad thing!!) AND I was tantalized by one of the staff at the library saying that any Halloween Kisses that turn up in her son's treat bag will make their way to ME !!!! YEAH !!!!! ... That's an offer I can't refuse ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mercy! Mercy! I always disliked those candies...at least the ones that we had around Westdale neighbourhood!
Enjoy if you must!
Wendy