Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Sleeping Angels ... Flying Fists ...

Yesterday morning I had to leave early for Winnipeg ... I got up in the pre-dawn darkness, packed up my stuff and got ready for the two hour drive ...

Before I left the house I went to check on my sleeping angels ... Beetle scarcely stirred when I bent over and whispered "I love you," and gently kissed her on the forehead ... Ms. H, however, was another story ...

I leaned over her bed and as I was whispering "I love you," and about to give her a kiss on HER forehead - POW !!! - a fist flew through the darkness and connected with my cheek, followed quickly by a second fist from the other direction ... the words "I love you" were choked by the blow and the flying fists ...

"Sorry," came a faint whisper, tainted with a giggle ... "I thought you were my cat!! She's been bugging me all night!!"

Rubbing my cheek I muttered something about it being okay, then I leaned down and gave a kiss to my boxing beauty as I recieved one in return ...

I drove from the house yesterday feeling pretty good about Ms. H. She's one who will look after herself and take no guff from ANYONE!!! And in a daughter, that's not a bad trait!

Lucky for me, I didn't bruise !!!

No comments: