Saturday, November 10, 2007

Talk about an UNFAIR Advantage ...

I've heard of sports teams having a "Ringer" in the line up, but this image that appeared on the front page of the Winnipeg Free Press, is a little over the top !!!

I will readily admit my loyalties in the CFL fall firmly with the Hamilton Ti-cats, and even though that allegiance hasn't given much celebration of late, I still cheer on the Tabbies even as they lose ... BUT ... having lived in Manitoba over the last seven plus years, I've been one of the Fair Weather fans who follow the Bombers particularly when they are having a good season ...

I never imagined though, that someone like the Dalai Lama followed the Blue Bombers!!! But according to the article accompanying the picture - a picture that is NO DOUBT being happily passed around the Blue Bombers camp as they prepare for tomorrow's game - the Dalai Lama signed some Blue Bomber gear in Tibetan with the words - "Victory to the Blue Bombers" when asked by Winnipeg Business man David Asper.

Not sure I'm comfortable with the connecting of someone like The Dalai Lama with the mundane pursuits of professional football ... but whatever ??? It's an image that helps to make you smile ... and that is never a bad thing ... I'm sure though the Blessings of the Dalai Lama would lie with both teams, but are also a reminder of what is really important in our world ... and I doubt football really makes the radar for him beyond a novel past time ...

So however it turns out tomorrow ... good luck to BOTH teams!!

No comments: