Friday, March 07, 2008

In this moment ...

A few weeks back over at At the Half Note, Katie offered a funny and yet strangely accurate reflection about 4 o'clock in the morning ... (click here to see it) ...

Today I find myself pondering - "WHAT IS IT ABOUT FOUR AM IN THE MORNING ANYWAY?"

I'm in a hotel room over looking Portage Ave in Winnipeg ... out the window I can see the old Hudson's Bay Store and off in the distance the Art Gallery and the Legislature ... I'm exhausted, yet sleep remains elusive ... there is so much I want to say, but yet my words just trip over themselves and cause hurt ... worsening a situation rather than helping it ...

My one solace is dawn is a few hours away and I can, with its arrival, begin to create the day as I need it to be ... in this moment, I only wish I could find a way to quiet my heart and temper my love and care ...

I regret very few things in my life, and I know that it is not regret that keeps me awake ... just a dull ache that continues to linger ...

No comments: