Sunday, June 29, 2008

Today's Adventure:

Initial destination: Whitewater Lake where the German POW Camp was in the Second World War ... if my legs hold out, I'll carry on past it ... my ultimate goal is to reach Gunn Lake which lies 16kms PAST Whitewater ... I know I can get there in one day ... it's the getting BACK that is a bigger challenge ...

And so, I began pedalling at about 2pm ...

I took only one brief stop for water and an apple during my 35 minute trek to Whitewater:
After a fifteen minutes exploration of Whitewater (the pictures are below), I hopped back on my bike and pedalled another 20 minutes west towards Gunn Lake ...
By my reckoning, the total distance out was at the minimum 16 kms (9 miles). I stopped, had some cheese, an apple, a BIG drink of water, a granola bar and began pedalling back ... the entire trip took three hours, with over 2 1/2 hours spend pedalling ...
Back at the car, I enjoyed my lunch:
Water, chocolate, an organic peanut butter granola bar and a few pieces of Shluq (shh-luck), which is dried smoked salmon - a specialty of the Nuxalkmc of Bella Coola, and the last of my cheese (I wolfed back the cheese before I took the picture - I was hungry and it tasted GREAT!!). It was all things considered, a lunch fit for a King !!!
Not a bad way to spend the afternoon !! Anyone want to join me the next time ???

No comments: