Sunday, June 01, 2008

Some Blogs to visit over your coffee ...

Lately I have had visits from bloggers who have found their way here and left a comment or two ... I've returned the visit and enjoyed what I've found ...

So tonight's contribution (I have ONE other one to share that's just for fun), is a few of the new blogger friends I've found, and an invitation to visit the Bloggers out there who dare to speak up and speak out ... we may be an endangered species - especially if we have Church connections ... but for now - the free flow of discussion, ideas and speech continues !!!

Pour a coffee, and have a read:

First up - On May 18th Bill, over at Last Thing I Would Have Ever Expected stopped by and commented on my posting entitled - "Twelve Steps" ... in reply he posted an astute observation and honoured me with a posting on his own blog. Bill's blog is a place filled with astute and thoughtful (and a few silly) reflections on Addicition and Recovery - it is worth exploring and returning to !!

Click here to see Bill's posting on My Posting

Click here to visit Bill's Blog: Last Thing I Would Have Ever Expected.

Next up is another visitor named BILL ... this Bill runs a blog (do you run a blog, or does the Blog run you ?? - Just curious) called "The Old Bill". He is another UCC blogger like Gord over at Following Frodo, and a bunch of others that I may offer up in coming days (though Bill's got a pretty impressive list of links on the left hand margin of his page - check some of them out - we UCC Bloggers may be an endangered species NOW !!) Bill stopped by on May 10th in response to my posting about the proposal before the Conference of Manitoba and NW Ontario to put forth "ethical" guidelines in regards to blogs ... (a proposal that PASSED with nary a comment - BET THEY WERE THRILLED that I wasn't there !!!!) ... On May 20th, Bill waded in with his thoughts ... ALL I can say is - "PREACH IT BROTHER !!" ... I'm not sure if I've ever met Bill face to face, but sometime when I'm in Winnipeg, I'm gonna look him up and have a chat - I like his stuff !!

Next up is a blog I visit regularly posted by a Blogger who stops by here regularly, and for some inexplicable reason I've never put her in my blog list to the right ... My Own Woman's The Perpetual Search for Personal Nirvana is a hard blog to describe ... thought provoking ... thoughtful ... interesting ... irreverent ... and deeply committed to a life journey of life, love and wholeness ... it seldom disappoints and is a regular stop for me in my blogger cruises ... so, stop by and check it out ... let me know what you think ...

The last blog I'll offer tonight is called Fully Caffeinated, and I know I mentioned it previously when back in February she offered a posting that heart-breakingly described the moment when the realization that a marriage is over breaks over you ... her words struck a cord when I found the link from Shauna's "Up In The Night" ... both blogs are worth visiting, but Fully Caffeinated is a new selection, and one I would recommend ...

And of course there is still the stable of my blogger (and personal friends) ... the list to the right needs a couple of updates - one blog was deleted and is deeply missed, but such are the decisions that come about through the vagaries of life ... and others definitely need to be added ... I can only invite you to visit those blog as well ... one of the interesting things I've discovered from my personal blogging is the connections that you can make ... strangers become friends, and words of encouragement anc challenge are offered through cyber-space, and suddenly this world becomes more of a caring village ...

SO, I invite you, my readers to spend some time exploring the blogs I've linked to here and to the right ... and take some time when you stop by the blogs of OTHER bloggers to explore their links as well ... you find some of the most interesting people and blogs that way ...

Enjoy !!! and let me know what you find along the way !!??

No comments: