Saturday, September 29, 2007

The Perfect way to spend an ideal day ...

The sun was shining ... the air was incredibly warm ... it was a perfect day to go biking !!

So, with my MP3 player charged up and ready to go, I hopped on my bike and spent almost two hours out and about in town ... four trips to Mohawk ... five crossings of the dam ... one trip out past the grain terminal and back , then a number of jaunts up and down a variety of Minnedosa's streets, back alleys and pathways ... By my calculations I covered in excess of 40 kms in my pedalling today ...

And it felt great ... it is taking me longer and longer to reach that point when my knees begin to throb ... and when it starts it is seldom as bad as it was earlier in the summer ... But when my knees start to ache and my thigh muscles tighten, I push past it ... pedalling harder to move through the mild pain ...

There is something incredibly freeing to be out on a bike in the fall sunshine ... listening to The Who, Van Morris, Great Big Sea, and a little Bob Marley as I pedal through town ... it was a good way to spend some time on an absolutely beautiful autumn afternoon!!!

No comments: