Monday, September 17, 2007

Wanna Change the World ??? (part two)


I can't believe I forgot to add "Reduce, Reuse and RECYCLE !!!" on my list yesterday for changing the world ...
.
That realization occured to me as I was cleaning up in the entrance way of our house and packing old notebooks, catalogues, newspapers, magazines and various other snippets of paper into our blue bag on the back porch ...
.
So, add to the list the old stand by - "reduce, reuse and recycle" !!
.
I think the problem is that I recycle without even thinking about it ... at home, at work, out and about ... I recycle it ALL ... heck, when I drove back from Ontario, I had a little drift of recyclables on the passenger floor of the van that went in the blue bag when I got back to 'Dosa ... and yesterday at the Terry Fox Run, I was zipping back and forth carting away the bags of garbage some of the participants were gathering as they walked - I carefully sorted each bag into garbage and recyclables !!
.
They gathered 12 Co-op bags worth of trash from the Ethanol Plant along the river road !!!
Nice that they did it, but kinda sad they had to ... people need to pick up after THEMSELVES!!

No comments: