Saturday, September 15, 2007

Remember When??

I'm in a nostalgic mood today ... and I'm not sure why ...

I was looking for another picture on the net when I cam across the one above ... It took me back to many happy hours in my childhood spent crashed on the couch in the living room at mom's under the Tri-Light (remember THEM??) using my brother's View Master and rolling through the pile of view master reels we had ... I can remember clicking and clicking and clicking my way through the usual three disc sets of Batman, Snoopy and the peanuts gang, Mickey Mouse, and many, many others ...

The old bakelite Viewmaster made days being home sick from school more enjoyable when the soaps and talk shows like Donahue, Mike Douglas and Dina Shore came on and the interest of an 8 year old waned ...

My kids have never taken to ViewMasters ... C'est La Vie !! Their loss ...

No comments: