Tuesday, September 25, 2007

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A number that I REALLY, REALLY like !!!!




I went for a bike ride this morning under cool overcast skies ... with tunes blasting on the MP3 player I did my 30 kms route in and around town ... then came home for a shower ... it's surprising how hot and sweaty you can get even in shorts on a coolish autumn morning ...
.
After my shower I stepped on the scale and was ABSOLUTELY DELIGHTED to read the number that twirled into view ...
.
Now, to digress for a moment ... I was HUGELY disappointed when I got to South Down back in August to be told in my check in exam that my weight was THEN at 225 ...
.
"Huh??" I said with shock, "but I've gone down two inches in my waist size, my clothes are looser and I've watched my body change ... how can I STILL be 225 ????"
.
"Check your scale," came the reply ...
.
At Mom's I stepped on her scale and saw 223 spin into view ... "DAMNED!!!" ... something is wrong ... I COULDN'T have regained 15 pounds in my driving ... I didn't eat enough to REGAIN weight in the van ...
.
The bad news is that when I returned home and I checked the scale I discovered - to my horror - that is was about 15 pounds out of whack !!!! I adjusted it and got it to a more accurate reading ...
.
The Good News is - I DIDN'T know I was actually closer to 24 or 245 when this whole thing started ...
.
BUT, the best news of all is this: Today when I stepped on my scale after my shower the number that spun into view was an VERY ACCURATE 205 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
.
My time frame has been a bit longer than planned ... BUT ... the goal of getting UNDER 200 pounds is very much within the realm of possibility!!!! (It helps to explain why my 40" shorts are way too big on me right now !!!)
.

1 comment:

laughing pastor said...

Excellent work! Congrats to you for 205. You started before me on this journey to light"hood". You will be my inspiration to move from 210 to 205. Keep it up! I right behind you.