Sunday, September 10, 2006

Favourite Musical Movies ...


This morning on CBC, Ron Robinson talked about the newly released list of the top 25 Musicals of all times ... He then played the music from Singing in the Rain starrying Gene Kelly ...

I have no dispute - it's a great film. But it got me thinking about what musicals I've likes ...

So, here it goes - a short list of some of my favourite musicals: (the first two are tied):

1&2 Singing in the Rain

1&2 The Wizard of Oz (one of my favourite films)

3 Pink Floyd's The Wall (not a musical per se - but worth watching ...)

4 Joseph and the Technicolored Dream Coat (our dvd may wear out from over use)

5 The Sound of Music

6 The Rocky Horror Picture Show (How can you not like it?)

7 Grease (not a good film - but the music was fun)

8 The Music Man (saw it on stage before the film and was enchanted)

9 West Side Story

10 The Fiddler on the Roof

There's more ... but those will do ... gotta run ...

No, I gotta dance !!!

2 comments:

Gord said...

My list would look similar (minus the ones I haven't seen).

I would include Mary Poppins.

I would certainly NOT include Grease 2 with Adrian Zmed and (I think) Michelle Pfeiffer. NOt a highlight of either's career.

Katie Bowen said...

I'm not a musical fan, but I dig some of the films you mentioned. I know I should just bite my tongue, and I know the saying "To Each His Own.." but "The Sound of MUSIC???" No offense, you know your blog is one of the few I read, but there's a word here in the states for guys like you... a guy who would watch and enjoy "The Sound of Music." I don't know if it's a word they use in Canada, but it starts with an "N," ends with a "D," and in between there's an "E" and an"R."

Luv ya Rev., keep up the writing, it's great!