Tuesday, September 05, 2006

HUH ??!! I hate it when that happens ...



When I was a student at University in Ontario, I remember one weekend when four heritage homes were relocated to make way for a new wing on our campus library ... It happened quickly and within a couple of days you wouldn't have know the houses had ever been some else ...

A few months ago I went up to visit with a family in town, and when I arrived, the lot across had a couple of excavators working on a hole. Three or four days later I went back up and there was a beautiful home standing where the excavators had been ... I was dumb struck ... they couldn't have built and entire house, and hung curtains in the windows in three days could they? ... then I thought - Am I on the right block?? I checked ... yeah I was ...

It turned out that over the previous couple of days the owner of the lot had a house trucked in from his previous place of residence ... they didn't even take out the furniture from what I heard ... Beyond being impressed I thought - what a great way to move ... take the WHOLE house with you ... Hmm, has possibilities ...

This morning though I was left befuddled on a drive to drop Noahkila off at the golf course. I turned a corner and either the house is new ... it has been totally painted ... or it has been completely landscaped ... because I don't remember EVER seeing it on that particular lot ...

It's caused me to question my sanity a bit ... which is never a bad thing - it keeps you on your toes ...

But tonight, I'm wondering if the house might have dropped out of the sky ... when I swing by it next I'll look for Ruby Red slippers poking out ... and if you see a tall man in a silver out let with a hippy in need of a shave, a farmer with straw poking out of his hat, and young woman with a little dog let me know ... I think I'd like to follow a yellow brick road for awhile ...

No comments: