Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Just finished reading ...

I'm not one to GUSH over a book ... but this one might be an exception to that ...

The History of Love by Nicole Krauss was a brilliant, delightful, witty, funny and deeply moving book ...

It has offered me quotations that I've used on my blogs and it, inspite of the poignant journey of the characters lifted my heart ...

Love may not always triumph ... but love keeps your heart being ... it keeps your feet moving ... love keeps your breathing ...

It was BRILLIANT ... simply, and utterly brilliant ...

I recommend it to everyone ... it is a wonderful, wonderful read ...

I finished reading it last night sitting in my backyard in the glorious warm sunshine ... I finished it by saying simply - "Wow !!"

It might have been the sun, the warmth, the setting ... but I think it was Ms Krauss' writing ...

My life is bracketed by two words - Joy and Wow ... reading the book was a joy ... last night finishing it caused me to say - Wow ...

It's good ... it's all good. Thanks Katie for the recommendation ... and thanks Ms Krauss for putting words to paper ... Again: Wow !!

2 comments:

Katie Bowen said...

Perhaps if I had a backyard and a hammock I would be further along, but I'm only on page 34.

Damn!

Anonymous said...

Hey Shawn! Is this title at our library? I'll check it out! thanks for the recommendation.