Sunday, September 17, 2006

The sound of falling rain drops ...

I woke up this morning to the sound of raining falling heavily outside our window ... The window was open to bring in the cool autumn air as we slept ... In the darkness of the early morning the sound of falling rain served as an alarm to begin the day ...

I would grumble ... but I've seen the dried out sloughs ... I've walked along the trickle in the river bed ... I've looked at the hard dry fields around us ...

I would grumble ... but we need the rain ... The hills and valleys around us need the rain ...

I would grumble ... but I remember how much fun it was as a child to splash through puddles and to muck in the mud ... I can still hear my mom telling me not to get wet or "you'll get pneumonia ..." Sorry Mom, but it never stopped me ... I still love splashing through puddles ...

I would grumble ... but the sound of falling rain put a smile on my face ... a walk in the rain ... standing watching for rainbows ... feeling the big drops splash on my face ...

I would grumble ... but rain is good ... and I can't grumble about something that makes me smile ...

Today, or any day you wake up to the sound of rain ... take a moment to look up ... look up and have the courage to smile as the rain drops splash on your face ... Then take a moment to splash through a puddle or two ... It helps make the day delightful ... I dare you ...

No comments: