Monday, September 04, 2006

GO, Slay the Dragon !!

I still remember the night he was born ... It was one of the happiest moments of my life ...

It's been a wonderful twelve years ... he's been a great son and a delightful child ... and now, at 12 my Noahkila stands on the verge of becoming a man. I'm in awe of him ... I adore him ... and he makes me crazy at times ... but through it all, I love him.

In the coming days he will, with his sisters, begin the new school year ... he will take more steps on the road to becoming a man ... Where have the last 12 years gone?? How have they slipped by so quickly?? What has happened to the little baby boy I used to sing (badly) to sleep ??? (Maybe that's why he and I don't get along all the time - he can remember my singing ...)

I hope in these last precious moments of summer, that Noahkila will ride his bike and savour the freedom ... for in the coming days he will head off to school (not his favourite place) and have much to do that may not be as free nor as fun ...

Go without fear my son ... face the dragons in your life and slay them ... Find your path ... sing your song ... let your spirit fly ... Be the wonderful young man you are meant to be ... We love you and we truly adore you ... I may have made you the shield and sword, but it is you - wonderful you - that have made them real ...
My Not-so-LITTLE Dragon Slayer:
In case I don't tell you enough-
I think you're truly awesome !!
I'm proud to be your dad!!

1 comment:

Katie Bowen said...

You are a poet Rev. Shawn.Thank you for sharing all of your beautiful visions.