Saturday, September 16, 2006

Listening to a new CD ...


THE DUST POETS ...

Today at Poor Michael's book shop in Onanole (just outside the sourthern gates of Riding Mountain National Park) I bought a new CD ...

It is by the local West Man group called Dust Poets.

It's an irreverant, ecclectic and simply delightful music CD ... it's their second album (I'll be picking up the first tomorrow).

One of the members of the band runs Poor Michael's and has over the last couple of years won my admiration for putting in my hands exotic and collectible books of various vintages ... First editions ... signed copies and rare books that I've always wanted have moved from the store to my personal library ... So, today the least I could do was purchase one of the CDs.

It was a good choice ... I listened to the album all the way home - it was and is great ... Check the Dust Poets' web site by clicking on the title and give a listen to some of their music ... It may not be everyone's cup of tea ... but there's no denying this group has talent ...

Check it out ...

No comments: